Monday, February 24, 2014

Hello, I am Wendy DeBettencourt and I grew up on Martha's Vineyard Island in Massachusetts, USA. I currently work at the International School Manila teaching 9th grade, IB Language B, and IB11th and 12th grade Language and Literature - both standard and higher level courses.

I enjoy learning new technology and ways to integrate it into the curriculum. I struggle with time to really wrap my mind around different programs and how to utilise them in class on  a regular and comfortable basis. I don't like that there seems to be so many different programs and learning which program would be most effective in the classroom setting and most useful for the students. I like the idea of learning some different programs that I can use in my class to help make learning more fun for students and more interactive.

My favorite place to visit in the Philippines is Boracay, despite it not being the most secluded or traditional, it is beautiful and lots of fun with great restaurants.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I know what you mean about there being so many web tool options and then the difficulty of knowing which ones to focus your energy on. Hopefully that being in the this program will give you a little more in-depth experience with enough tools that a few of them will stand out as being potentially beneficial to you and to students. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete